Also known as immortelle, Italian strawflower or, simply, the curry plant, this herb is striking for its beautiful yellow blooms and curry-scented silver leaves. It is a small shrub that flourishes in dry, rocky ground. Interestingly, it is part of the daisy family.
The immortelle essential oil has incredible health properties. It is anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant and fungicidal. Its astringent properties make it fantastic for beautiful skin as it shrinks pores and tightens the skin. It has pain relieving properties, and is powerful in helping wounds to heal and protecting cells from deteriorating
Out of stock
The strikingly beautiful dragon fruit is a cactus that thrives in hot, humid, subtropical conditions. They won’t grow in very cold conditions. It has some of the biggest flowers in the world. And, what really sets them apart is that they only bloom for one night and their scent is absolutely incredible.
Dragon fruit can be added to fruit or vegetable salads, turned into sorbet, enjoyed fresh as a snack, or added to yoghurts and smoothies. They offer optimal amounts of magnesium, fibre, iron, protein and vitamins C and E. They help to fight against heart disease, improve immunity, fight chronic disease, aid digestion, and contribute to healthy blood.
Our Exotic Cultivars of Dragon Fruit available
- Sugar dragon – this fruit is the size of a small duck egg and has a vibrant purple flesh. It is particularly flavoursome.
- Purple haze – this is a sweet purple fruit that tastes similar to a kiwi. This larger variety’s fruit can weigh almost a kilogram.
- Dark star – these medium to large fruits have a red flesh and taste a little like grapes.
- Delight – the unique pink of this flesh is sweet and smooth and the fruit is medium to large in size.
- Physician graffiti – this variety has a pink-red skin and light-purple flesh. It is known for its exceptional flavour, making it a popular choice.
Guavadillas are also known as quavadillas and yellow passion flowers. It is the yellow version of the better-known purple granadilla and its fruits can grow to be the size of the average grapefruit. They are delicious eaten fresh or added to juices for a fragrant, tangy burst of flavour.
If you decide to eat it fresh, allow it to mature for a few days after plucking. Once the skin is wrinkled, it will be even sweeter and more delicious.
Guavadillas have good amounts of dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, beta carotene, phosphorous and vitamins A, B and C. They help to reduce high blood pressure.
perfect. Water well and ensure that the site has good drainage
Out of stock